Vintage Car Museum Udaipur: The royal family of Udaipur live in luxury and splendour, which is worth noting. Every non-royalty person wishes to see what it’s like to be a member of the royal family. Udaipur, which is adorned with explicit beauty and history, is home to a number of ancient artefacts.
The Vintage and Classic Car Museum is one of the most intriguing sites to visit among many. The museum houses one of the most stunning collections of royal antique automobiles, making it a worthwhile heritage site to visit. The Vintage and Classic Car Museum is the finest vacation place for both youngsters and adults, aside from art lovers, historians, and monarchy
The Mewar dynasty’s great history in Udaipur has a lot of interesting aspects to it. Many of the gorgeous Rajput monarchs’ features marked them apart from others of their day, and the royal family of Mewar lived quite a life, with their blend of Mughal and Rajasthani culture and tradition in architecture. Although there are many items in Udaipur that depict the Mewar royals’ lavish lifestyle, the Vintage and Classic Car Museum is one of the best places to see how grand it was back then. The Vintage Car Museum in Udaipur has many of the most magnificent automobiles utilised by the Mewar royalty in Udaipur. Here are a few reasons to add this tourist attraction on your itinerary.
Udaipur is the finest spot to visit if you want to learn about and experience the royal lifestyle. The city offers it all, whether it’s the affluent Rajasthani lifestyle, real Rajasthani cuisine, or breathtaking lakes. This city is steeped with Rajputana history and culture in every way. The Udiapur Store, a division of Holidays DNA, offers a terrific and exhilarating experience for anyone interested in learning more about Udaipur.
Location of Vintage and Classic Car Museum
On the Gulab Bagh road, there is a Vintage and Classic Car Museum. The Garden hotel and the Gulab Bagh Zoo are two important features in the area. Gulab Bagh Zoo is not only a tourist attraction but also an enjoyable location to visit. The museum is located on the east side of Lake Palace Road, about a 10-minute walk away.
Architecture of the Vintage and Classic Car Museum
The Vintage and Classic Car Museum houses 20 historic vehicles, including four classic Rolls-Royces, one MG-TC convertible, two 1939 Cadillacs, one Ford-A Convertible, one 1936 Vauxhall-12, rare Mercedes models, solar-powered rickshaws, and more.
The magnificent collection of automobiles is located in the former Mewar State Motor Garage, which is now a museum. There’s a semi-circular car garage with a forecourt that’s surrounded by a much larger courtyard. On this land, there is also a Shell Petrol pump, however it is reported that the state of the petrol pump is unstable. You’ll be astounded to discover how well the automobiles have been preserved. Vehicles from the late 1800s are still maintained spotless.
History of Vintage and Classic Car Museum
The Vintage and Classic Car Museum, which was inaugurated on February 15, 2000 by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, is owned by Rana Shri Arvind Singh Ji Mewar. The museum is part of the HRH company, which also owns the Garden Hotel and Restaurant. The National Motor Museum in England was founded by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu.
Entry fees and timings of Vintage and Classic Car Museum
The Vintage and Classic Car Museum opens at 9 AM and closes at 9 PM.
The price of the ticket is Rs. 250 for adults and Rs. 150 for children.
Best time to visit the Vintage and Classic Car Museum
There is no set time for visiting a museum, museums are always a safe haven for learning. So, between October and March, is the greatest time to visit the Vintage and Classic Car Museum and learn interesting stuff.
Things to do at Vintage and Classic Car Museum
Vintage and Classic Car Museum is a heaven’s pleasure for any car enthusiast on the planet. The museum provides a brief glimpse into the royal family’s opulent lifestyle. To round out the viewing experience, there is a Shell Petrol Pump and a tiny exquisite café.
If you’re lucky, you might catch a glimpse of a member of the royal family driving one of these historic cars.
You can buy a lunch ticket to go with your museum ticket and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani vegetarian thali.
How to reach the Vintage Car Museum
The museum is perfectly positioned near numerous popular tourist attractions in Udaipur, making it accessible via three modes of transportation: air, rail, and road.
The Maharana Pratap Airport is about 20 kilometres away from the Vintage and Classic Car Museum. This 20-kilometer route can be covered by taxi or private transport.
Railway station: The Udaipur Railway Station is 1.5 kilometres from the museum. You may quickly get to the museum by using any local public transportation.
The Vintage and Classic Car Museum is around 1 km away from the Udaipur Bus Depot (Udiapole). The best way to get to Udaipur is to take one of the government-run buses operated by the transport authorities of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh. You can also enjoy a road trip by taking the NH8.
In a new place, finding an excellent and economical cab or taxi can be difficult. It is essential to consult The Udaipur Store’s list of top automobile rental businesses in Udaipur. You can visit Udaipur’s tourist attractions without any problem.
Places to visit near Vintage and Classic Car Museum
The Lake Palace, Saheliyon ki Bari, City Palace, and Lake Pichola are all neighbouring tourist attractions.
- Lake Palace, also known as Jag Niwas, is a beautiful and well-known palace in the area.
- City Palace, located on the banks of Lake Pichola, is another another palace with amazing splendour.
- Saheliyon ki Bari, popularly known as the Garden of Maidens, is a large garden created for Rana Sangha’s Queen and his maidens.
- You may take a fast boat ride and explore the surrounds on the beautiful bank of Lake Pichola.
- The collection is on display in the Palace Garage, also known as the Mewar State Motor Garage, which is located far away from the city’s noise and bustle, providing visitors with the finest possible experience.
Interesting facts about the Vintage and Classic Car Museum
The exceptional 1934 Rolls Royce was featured in the James Bond Hollywood film Octopussy, which will astound you.
In 1961, one of the two Cadillac convertibles was utilised to transport Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom to the airport.
- On February 15, 2000, Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, who founded England’s National Motor Museum, performed the inauguration of the Vintage Car Museums.
- Even though the majority of the cars in the museum are over seventy years old, they are still in perfect functioning order.
- The rare Mercedes models, Rolls-Royce, 1936 Vauxhall, 1937 Opel models, and 1939 Cadillac open convertibles are the most popular automobiles in the museum that are open to the public.
- The garage was constructed during a time when only members of the royal family owned automobiles, and it reflects the luxury of the families’ everyday lives.
- The Cadillac convertible escorted Queen Elizabeth to the airport in 1961, while the stately 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom was used in the James Bond filmOctopussy.
- The collection comprises four Rolls-Royces, two Cadillacs, an MG-TC convertible, a Ford-A Convertible, a Vauxhall-12, and a variety of other fascinating vehicles such as solar-powered rikshaws, among others.
Things to ensure before visiting the Vintage and Classic Car Museum
Please keep in mind that only a limited number of cars are available for public use. You can’t get close to every vehicle.
The museum has it on exhibit. This is done to keep the vehicles in good condition as well as for security considerations.
- To avoid the blistering heat of the sun throughout the summer, please bring your sunscreen, lotions, and sunglasses.
- Bring your water bottle as well to stay hydrated.
- Remember to bring your camera to catch the amazing vintage automobiles.
- The opulence of Udaipur’s royal families is reflected in their past and present lifestyles. The Vintage and Classic Car Museums is just one facet of that opulent way of life. Take a thorough tour of Udaipur City to learn more about the Mewar family’s luxury and elite lifestyle. You can benefit from The Udaipur Store’s personalised All-Inclusive Udaipur travel packages. These packages have been created with our travelling guests’ needs and requirements in mind. You can contact us by filling out the Contact Us form to acquire some basic information about these products.
Location Map for Vintage Car Museum Udaipur
You may like: